Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

1722Re:Where does one get JMT permit if starting at Red Meadows on the JMT?

Expand Messages
  • Frank Martin
    Dec 3, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Patronio@... wrote:
      > The Permit has to be checked out at the Wilderness Permit in
      Tuolumne Meadows
      > Ranger Station.

      If you are starting at Red's you CAN'T p/u a Permit at TM. TM is only
      for hikes that originate in Yosemite. If you are coming from the Bay
      Area the easiest place to get the Permit is Mono Lake. If coming from
      the South either Lone Pine or Bishop. Note the new permit Station is
      now South of Lone Pine.

      One thing about Inyo is that if you do not have a Reservation you can
      obtain a Permit starting at Noon TWO days in advance instead of one.

      Also in the National Forrest Areas if you call ahead they will leave
      the Permits outside for you to pick up after hours either pinned to a
      board or a dropbox.

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic