1549View JMT from aeral photos

  • Kevin Aston
    May 30 12:02 PM
      I was playing with my spreadsheet and thought it might be fun to take
      the GPS coordinates I had on it and put them into Google Earth and see
      what I got. It was a lot of fun to see the trail from up above. My
      spreadsheet is at http://kevinaston.com/JMTSpreadsheet.html and if you
      do not have Google Earth you can download it for free from
      http://earth.google.com/ . All you have to do is copy the GPS
      coordinates that look like "N36 34.723 W118 17.565" and paste them
      into the search line in Google Earth, then hit the search arrow. You
      will fly through the air to the location in the coordinates. The
      coordinates I put here are for the top of Whitney. The controls in the
      top right corner of the Google Earth screen allow you to rotate to
      look at it from a different side, or to zoom in or out, but my
      favorite it the top control as you slide it to the right it will
      change you from a top view to a side view, so you can see the contour
      of the area. I was having fun with this and thought you might also.
      Enjoy
      Kevin A.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic