1539Re: Losing the will to hike? Any recommendation. . .

  • Frank Martin
    May 25, 2007
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "mbdingledy" <mbdingledy@...> wrote:

      > I did it in 27 days last year. I took my time and had a great layover
      > day at Evolution Valley. Also spent a day at Vermillion, taking the
      > early ferry there and then leaving the next morning. I had 2 long
      > days - 16 miles on the second day, which included a side trip up half
      > dome, and 16 miles on the last day because I did not want to spend the
      > night next to somoene else's poop at Trail Camp. I never lost my will
      > to do the trail, even though I did have a moment where I felt sorry for
      > myself when I woke up and the temperature was 23 in my tent just below
      > Pinchot pass. I was soloing it in September, so there were fewer
      > people on the trail at the time.

      Hi Marybeth,
      I was looking for you last year I was going NOBO. I didn't do the
      'official trail' last year as I had done it in 2005. I did from
      Horseshoe Meadow to TM.

      I did pass a solo female on Muir pass but I don't think it was you.

      Glad you had such a great trip.

      frank
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic