1477Re: Meeting points along the John Muir Trail?

  • Frank Martin
    Mar 25, 2007
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Julio" <Patronio@...> wrote:

      > Dear hikers:
      > Is there any "rendezvouz" or meeting point/trail between John Muir
      > Ranch and Guitar Lake, where someone can hike in withh supplies to
      > meet with a JMT thru-hiker? I ask because a buddy of mine cannot do
      > the entire trail but insted to hike in to meet with me somewhere along
      > the trail betwen JMRanch and Guitar Lake. Any trailhead or
      > intersecting trail in that area? And also, where is the trailhead?
      > Thank you.

      There are numerous possibilities.

      Easiest place is Onion Valley TH over Kersage Pass and meet up at
      Charlotte Lake. From there you go over Forrester and up to Guitar Lake.
      This way his car will be on the East side of the Sierra and you can
      take Inyo Transit back to the town of Independence and hitch back to
      Onion valley.

      He could come in at Florence Lake and take the boat over and come over
      and meet you at Muir Trail Ranch. The only problem with this is
      getting back to his car.

      Same he could come in at North Lake at Bishop over Piute Pass and
      meetup right where you enter Evolution Valley. (East side)

      Bishop Pass out of South Lake also Bishop meet up at pete's
      meadow.(East side)

      There is also Tabbose Pass and actually several other non-maintained
      passes off the East side. This depends on his experience level.

      I would really recommend coming in on the east side as getting back
      over to the West side to p/u a car is a lot of trouble.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic