      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com
      From: tvanr13@...
      Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 14:17:42 +0000
      Subject: [John Muir Trail] clothes

      Hey- I'm leaning toward my trustworthy convertible rei hiking pants but can't decide if rain pants and/or under armor bottoms would be worth the extra weight.
      Also, for top layers so far I have under armor long sleeve, rei long sleeve hiking uv shirt, REI Hood River fleece hoodie and a Marmot lightweight rain coat. I don't have much faith in the hoodie if it gets really cold (it's kind of thin) but maybe all 4 things combined would keep me warm? Or should I upgrade to a thicker fleece?
      Thanks, Tim

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic