1399Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: Seeking High Sierra Trip Reccomendation

    Jan 24, 2007
      Absolutely, Moraine Lake is a great stop -- we enjoyed the swim in the lake
      around end of July, 2006. Kern Hot Springs another great. The HST is such
      a fantastic trail, well maintained. Bear Boxes everywhere except Twin
      Lakes just East of Whitney Summit.

      --- hmdsierra <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      > The possibilities are numorous but the HST is a dandy trip. I did the
      > trail in sections on other trips and finally started at Crescent Mdw
      > coming back via Blackrock Pass a few years ago. This finished the
      > entire trail for me. However, I would go back and do it as a single
      > trip in a heartbeat. The bonus is Kern Hot Spring. The view from
      > Bearpaw is spectacular and I would take the detour to Moraine Lake
      > rather than the trail that bypasses it. Years before I did the last
      > part we spent a night at Moraine Lake.
      > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Schroeder"
      > <sschroe111@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > My name is Steve. My 15 year old son and I hiked the JMT last summer
      > > and we're looking for another approx. 2 week trip to take this
      > > summer. We did the JMT in 28 days and we like to hike about 8-10
      > > miles a day. We were looking at the High Sierra Trail but would like
      > > to hear of any other suggestions as well. Thanks in advance.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic