1398Re: Seeking High Sierra Trip Reccomendation

  • hmdsierra
    Jan 24, 2007
      The possibilities are numorous but the HST is a dandy trip. I did the
      trail in sections on other trips and finally started at Crescent Mdw
      coming back via Blackrock Pass a few years ago. This finished the
      entire trail for me. However, I would go back and do it as a single
      trip in a heartbeat. The bonus is Kern Hot Spring. The view from
      Bearpaw is spectacular and I would take the detour to Moraine Lake
      rather than the trail that bypasses it. Years before I did the last
      part we spent a night at Moraine Lake.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Schroeder"
      <sschroe111@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > My name is Steve. My 15 year old son and I hiked the JMT last summer
      > and we're looking for another approx. 2 week trip to take this
      > summer. We did the JMT in 28 days and we like to hike about 8-10
      > miles a day. We were looking at the High Sierra Trail but would like
      > to hear of any other suggestions as well. Thanks in advance.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic