1379Re: Timing

  • Paul
    Jan 9, 2007
      Without a doubt, my favorite time of year is the end of summer, right
      after Labor Day. There are fewer people, fewer mosquitos and the
      weather is almost always beautiful - clear and stable. Plus, the
      nights are a little colder which makes it nice for sleeping. I did the
      JMT north to south starting on Labor Day and it was spectacular.
      paul
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jvfbender@...> wrote:

      > I am planning to do the first 3rd of a North-South JMT journey this
      summer ('07). I will
      > skip the valley and will begin out of Tuolomne Meadows. When would
      be the best time to
      > go to avoid excessive crowds and mosquitos? (Not sure which I
      dislike more but can
      > handle either in small doses)
      >
      > Thanks in advance.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic