1370Re: [John Muir Trail] South Lake / Bishop Pass to Mt Whitney

  • Raoul Kraus
    Nov 20, 2006
      Hi Kevin,

      I just did the JMT this summer (I'm an old guy 51) and I averaged 12-17 miles per day. As I spent more time on the trail it got easier, of course. I traveled N to S. Happy Isles was very tough for me...but after about 4days ish... I could easily do 15 miles/day. It also matters how long (# hrs/day) that you wish to do. Most days I went from about 9am to 5 pm with a 1-2 breaktime spread. So, this will be different for everyone....but I am sure you can do the 15miles/day no prob! Have fun!

      Raoul (aka Muleskinner) Kraus