1364Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: JMT trip report

  • Eng-Shien Wu
    Sep 7 10:31 AM
      > I was amazed at how impeccably maintained the vast majority of the
      > trail was.There was however a glaring exception, which was the first
      > part of the trail along Palisade Creek up to Mather Pass. There were
      > many downed trees to circumnavigate. It looks as though the trail has
      > been in this state for awhile. Does anyone know for how long, and why
      > this section is in such bad shape when the rest is so good?<

      As of a week ago, the section of the trail before the Golden Staircase to
      Mather Pass was clear--maybe a tree or two to walk around.

      I found the trip report very helpful for the JMT section I did, especially
      the info on the dry sections of the trail. Thanks David.

      Eng-Shien