1358Fire at Yosimite NP

  • Marybeth
    Aug 24, 2006
      I was checking out the NPS website yesterday about this, as I start my
      trip on Sunday. Didn't appear to be near the trail, and the website
      does list the affected trails. The JMT was not listed, but some of the
      Yosemite Falls trails were. It is a new fire -- started I think 8/21.
      The NPS website does have a fire link which might have more updated
      information.

      MB

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Jay Strine" <hundyff@...> wrote:

      > Anyone have any information on the fire currently burning in Yosemite
      > NP. It started 08/22 it is burning 2 miles NW of El Capitan. All
      > trails in the area are closed.
      > As of today the fire has burned 489 acres and is 45% contained. I
      > have not seen any information on the news. I am a firefighter in Los
      > Angeles County, and I read about it on our Department email.
      > Does anyone know if it is near the JMT??
      >
      > Thank you
      > Jay Strine

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic