1345Re: September?

  • onkelb0b
    Aug 14, 2006
      I'd be out there too, BUT I'm in NYC the week before (15-22 Sep) and I
      am required to teach that week (22-25). So I won't start until 1 Oct
      at earliest. I'm not doing the whole JMT, but likely going to do the
      extended Roads End loop. (Kings Canyon - over Glen and Forester
      Passes to come out Avalanche Pass.)

      Regardless, I want to advise you that during my previous trips around
      that time you should be aware, in the Sierra, August is often followed
      by November! I was at VVR the weekend after Labor Day and it snowed
      on Bear Ridge. My approach to Glen Pass was similarly white. Weather
      can be really hit and miss that time of year so be prepared for
      everything.

      You may want to post the same question on the Sequoia Kings Canyon
      group as that has more activity. Your toughest sections are in those
      parks and that group is very active. That group is at:

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "Marybeth" <mbdingledy@...> wrote:

      > Anyone hiking in September? I will be on the trail from August 26 -
      > September 27. I am starting in Yosemite and heading south. Most of
      > the time, I will be solo.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic