1288RE: [John Muir Trail] Yosemite Update

  • Lesley Fulton
    Jun 8, 2006
      thanks to all who has given great advice - i'm really excited for this summer hiking season....but i do have a question - which hopefully I can get some good advice on....

      I am venturing into a 5 day backpacking trip from lyell canyon to Red's Meadow (starting july 18th). Now i am an experienced hiker/backpacker however i have never been in this area before and i am bringing non-backpackers on trip (they are athletes but never have been on a backpacking trip)

      so the questions:

      1. is 5 days a reasonable goal?
      2. is the terain easy enough for non-backpackers
      3. is the trail easy to follow (remember i'm the experienced one but i am bring 2 of my friends and i want to look good - so i don't want to get lost)

      thanks again!!
      GO OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN THIS WEEKEND :)

      To: johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.comFrom: sriprank@...: Mon, 29 May 2006 19:27:19 +0000Subject: [John Muir Trail] Yosemite UpdateTrail Conditions as of May 26http://www.nps.gov/yose/wilderness/trailconditions.htmThe first PCT Hikers are getting close to Kennedy Meadows in the S.Sierra.You can log into trailjournals.com as check out their progress.f

      High sierra sport
      High sierras

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS