12870Re: [John Muir Trail] Tuolumne Re Supply Point

  • Peter Burke
    Mar 1, 2011
      On 3/1/2011 8:54 AM, blissfulhiker wrote:
      > The website said July 1 for the campground - ? We need to resupply at the store around July 8-9- so hope its open!
      >
      > Blissful

      If you have a car and can drive up to TM before the hike, do what we did
      the last years: stash your supplies in one of the bear lockers at the
      bottom of the long term parking lot at the TM ranger station. In 2009,
      we had a box with imported wine in there for 3+ weeks (gift from a pair
      of hikers we helped out with resupply preparation), and it was still
      there when we got back. Obviously, there is a risk, but in return, the
      lockers don't have opening hours - you can get to your supplies whenever
      you get there.

      Peter
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic