12868Re: Best Exit from MTR?

  • Randy
    Feb 28, 2011
      I hiked from HI to VVR last year, and used the VVR shuttle to get to Fresno to catch my flight home. Yep it was expensive, but I would do it again if I ever exit at MTR or VVR. It was REALLY nice to relax, sleep in a real bed, visit with the other JMT hikers and eat real food at VVR before heading back to the rat race. I really didn't think the road back to Fresno was that bad. I did live for many years in the mountains, so perhaps I am used to narrow winding roads!

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "ljfhiker" <lfritz44@...> wrote:
      > Two of us will be hiking from Happy Isles to the half-way point (not enough vacation to do the entire JMT). This of course will take us to the area of the MRT. What is the recommended "exit strategy"? We are flying to SFO from Baltimore and plan to take public transportation from there. There is a possibility that one more person will join us, so a rental car may be affordable if that would help us to get out of Dodge.
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic