12835Re: [John Muir Trail] "High Sierra - A Journey on the John Muir Trail"

  • targetdoggmechanic
    Feb 27 7:46 AM
      Did you see the goose-egg blister on that one kid when they stopped at Red's? Yikes! But he toughed it out and made it. My first JMT attempt ended at Red's back in 2005 due to blister problems. I met this guy from Scandinavia at the backpackers came there who really emphasized proper foot care. Since then I have taken much, much better care of my feet. On the 3-4 day trips I took before this it really wasn't that big of an issue and thought it was just "a rite of passage" involved with hiking. On a longer trip you really have to give them much extra TLC or you could get stuck somewhere much more remote than Red's. Since the advice I've done a lot of research and trial and error with different products and found a good system that works for me and have been able to push bigger mileage and have a lot more fun and see so much more.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Peter Burke <pburke@...> wrote:
      > But they made it, which after such a rough beginning is quite
      > impressive. I've seen folks in better shape who threw in the towel once
      > they got to Reds..
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic