12818Re: [John Muir Trail] Best Exit from MTR?

    Feb 25 7:24 PM
      Contact Vermillion Valley Resort and ask if its shuttle bus will pick you up and take you to Fresno where you can get Amtrak or a plane.  You can walk MTR to Florence Lake in a couple hours, take the ferry to the other side of the lake, and hitchike to Kaiser Pass Road. The VVR bus/shuttle should be able (I assume) to pick you up there.

      http://www.edisonlake.com/hikers/transportation

      On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 7:17 PM, ljfhiker <lfritz44@...> wrote:

      Two of us will be hiking from Happy Isles to the half-way point (not enough vacation to do the entire JMT). This of course will take us to the area of the MRT. What is the recommended "exit strategy"? We are flying to SFO from Baltimore and plan to take public transportation from there. There is a possibility that one more person will join us, so a rental car may be affordable if that would help us to get out of Dodge.

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic