1258Re: best way to heat water?

  • Carol
    Apr 17, 2006
      One thing to consider is that by late August most National Forest and
      National Park areas in the Sierra go into fire restrictions. Esbit or
      sterno can or alcohol or zip stoves are often illegal during fire
      restrictions and only gas (canister or white gas) stoves with an on/off
      knob are allowed.

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "bondcliff48" <sam.clint@...>
      > I'm going to be doing the JMT in late Aug and would like some
      > on the type of stove to bring. The choices are white gas, alcohol,
      > and solid fuel stoves. I plan on doing mostly dehydrated meals, so I
      > plan on heating water for the dinner meal only. I'm leaning toward
      > the Esbit type but would like to hear from other about the pros and
      > cons.
      > Thanks.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic