12389Re: [John Muir Trail] Score! Permit granted. & 2.5 lb. a day...wet?

  • Barbara Karagosian
    Feb 4, 2011
      Actually the woman with Roleigh was Kim; I (Barbara) and Alix were further behind!

       Barbara

      On Feb 4, 2011, at 8:21 AM, LEBRUN <bnslebrun@...> wrote:

      Roleigh,

      I believe that picture is of me (Bruce Lebrun) and my son (Robby).  Taken on Sunday, August 1, about noon, North-end Evolution Lake.  I am 6' 2' and Robby is 6'5". It was nice to meet you and your hiking partner Barbara.

      Hope this helps.

      JMT 2009 and 2010 south to north.

      2011 planned trip: North Lake Tahoe (Squaw Valley Ski Area) to Yosemite Valley about 236 miles.

      Bruce Lebrun
      Los Alamos, New Mexico

      On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:52 PM, Bronco <dawgbronco@...> wrote:

      Roleigh, I met Barbara and Alex, they said I had just passed you. I was with my friend and my son was, like all young'ns, up ahead. I suspect that's someone else in your photo. Will you be on trail this August?

      > Bronco, I remember, it was couple of hours North of Wanda Lake where we met,
      > forget the name of that lake though. I remember how tall you and your son
      > are compared to me. I look like a midget in the photo. How tall are you
      > two?
      >
      > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Bronco <dawgbronco@...> wrote:
      >

      > > We passed each other on the trail last year, Roleigh. I think the 1.5 lb. a
      > > day is more fitting for a warm weather excursion.
      > >
      > > --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com <johnmuirtrail%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > Roleigh Martin <roleigh@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've never gone beyond 1.5 lbs a day for food/consumables. Closer to 1.25
      > > > lbs.

      > > takes
      > > 2.5
      > > like