12383Camping spots between YV and TM

  • masonmj84
    Feb 4, 2011
      New forum member, long time lurker. I've hiked most of the JMT twice, but started both times at Tuolumne. Have never done the section between YV and TM (didn't want to deal with crowds, permit hassles, and 5,000 ft. climb). Lately, however, my inner purist has been driving me to do the whole thing.

      My plan is to hike the YV to TM section in about 2.5 days, arriving at TM around noon on the third day (I'm not planning on any side trips, e.g., Half Dome). On the first day, I'd like to get in about 7-9 miles (past the Cloud's Rest turnoff but before the last big climb to Sunrise). On the second day, I'd like to get somewhere between Long Meadow and Upper Cathedral Lake. I'm interested in suggested camping spots in both of these areas.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic