      Regarding the amount of food I can carry, I had  6 days in a Bearvault 450 last year. If I remember correctly in 2009 I could only get 6-7 days worth in a Bearvault 500.  I guess I'm improving.

      From: ewa.bialkowski@...

      And I am curious as to what food you carry if is not dry. How many days of food can you carry?

      On Feb 2, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Don Amundson <amrowinc@...> wrote:

      "Freeze-drying entrains a lot of air, so it does not work well for bearcan country."  John Curran Ladd

      Care to elaborate for us John?  I'm having a hard time envisioning a freeze dried product having any more air in it than the same non freeze dried product. I stopped using freeze dried food for a number of reasons, but entrained air was not one of them so I am curious.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic