12343Re: [John Muir Trail] Score! Permit granted. & 2.5 lb. a day...wet?

  • Ewa
    Feb 2 12:18 PM
      Don,

      And I am curious as to what food you carry if is not dry. How many days of food can you carry?

      Ewa

      On Feb 2, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Don Amundson <amrowinc@...> wrote:

      "Freeze-drying entrains a lot of air, so it does not work well for bearcan country."  John Curran Ladd

      Care to elaborate for us John?  I'm having a hard time envisioning a freeze dried product having any more air in it than the same non freeze dried product. I stopped using freeze dried food for a number of reasons, but entrained air was not one of them so I am curious.

      Freeze-drying entrains a lot of air, so it does not work well for bearcan country.