12293Re: [John Muir Trail] Score! Permit granted. & 2.5 lb. a day...wet?

    Feb 1, 2011
      I go overboard in that analyses.  See files section:

      Files

      Food and trail cooking

      Food Supply Planning for JMT 09 hike by Roleigh Martin.zip
      Food and Supply Planning for JMT 2009 hike by Roleigh Martin. Includes Inventory of each supply cache, calculation of protein/carbs/fat per day/meal, info on mailing to each supply point.

      There are 3 files, choose "Diet Plan.XLS" then "Food" tab.

      Bottom line for 2009:

      1.08 lbs of food per day
      Protein per person per dayCarb per person per dayFat per person per dayTotal Calories
      129.0208.359.31882.7
      516.1833.2533.41882.7
      27.41%44.25%28.33%

      First line is grams, second is calories, third is ratio.  Close to a Zone diet.

      On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:15 PM, targetdoggmechanic <targetdoggmechanic@...> wrote:

      Roleigh, what's your typical jmt diet consist of per day and how many
      Calories?

      > I've never gone beyond 1.5 lbs a day for food/consumables. Closer to 1.25
      > lbs.
      >
      > On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Bronco <dawgbronco@...> wrote:
      >

      > > Bishop Pass Trail on the 31st of July, day before Barbara Boomerang takes
      > > off. Coming down Whitney on the 10th.
      > > That 2.5 lb. a day guideline for food...is that hydrated? Seems like 2.5
      > > lb. of freeze-dried would blow up to the size of a watermelon. That's like
      > > 2-gallons of chicken.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic