1205Re: [John Muir Trail] rides

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Mar 2, 2006
      When we were planning last year the only reason to stop at Muir Ranch we thought was the ability to resupply before you go into that last LONG stretch carrying 9 million pounds of food. Where else can you resupply? I know some have said they hike a side trail to somewhere but I can't figure out where...and if its to the parking lot of that trail ...how do you guarantee a ride down and back to the trail?

      thanks,
      vera

      Prapanna Smith <prapanna@...> wrote:
      Hi All,

      I must say I had an excellent stay at VVR last year. The PCT crowd was
      great, as well the other JMT hikers. I go there on a Saturday and
      loved the
      beer, BBQ, and live music. It was pricey; but what the heck, where
      else can
      you enjoy a respite from the trail at nearly the half way point of
      the JMT?
      Muir Trail Ranch does not offer anything, though one of their guests
      gave
      me a beer (and told me not let anyone there know about it), and they did
      let me have a little cold lemonade before I continued on.

      Prapanna