1203Re: [John Muir Trail] rides

  • Vera Lehmkuhl
    Mar 1, 2006
      ok I get it...I know about vvr ...some have told me it is highly overrated but any place you can get a cold beer on the trail..well i think I have to go there...:)

      Frank Martin <sriprank@...> wrote:
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Vera Lehmkuhl <vjl_47@...> wrote:

      > where was the beer did thirsty hikers drink it all before you arrived?

      Hi Vera,

      VVR is a Resort that is used for resupply for the JMT or PCT. It is
      accesed by boat 2x/day or by hiking in. I think it is a 2.5 mile hike in.

      If you are a through hiker and show your permit you get a 'free' beer
      and also get a night in the Backpacker's Dorm. It has very good food
      albeit quite expensive.

      When the boat 'left early' I just continued on but I did have a beer
      at Whitney Portal Store.

      High sierra sport High sierras