1174Re: [John Muir Trail] car shuttle for southbound trip

  • Prapanna Smith
    Feb 10, 2006
      Bob,

      If you can't find a ride, you can take the CREST transit system from
      Lone Pine to Mammoth, and then from Mammoth there's a shuttle to
      Yosemite.

      But if you are in for more of an adventure, or if you are traveling
      on a Sunday or holiday (as I was last year when I left my car at
      Whitney Portal on Sunday, July 3 - and therefore had two days of
      travel without CREST being available), you can try hitchhiking up to
      Yosemite. It took me only four rides and two days to do so and it
      was a good experience, particularly since I had never done anything
      like that before.

      Good Luck!

      Prapanna