11163Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: solar chargers for GPS

  • David & Rachel
    Nov 3, 2010
      Awesome. I'll check it out. Thanks

      On Nov 3, 2010, at 1:41 PM, "eaglepdub" <eaglepdub@...> wrote:

      I always bring along my Solio on all extended hikes. I throw it up on top of my pack and let it charge all day while hiking. In the evening I can down load the the charge to my I-pod, camera or cell phone. I highly recommend this handy little 5.6 oz. device!

      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, "DAVID" <rachelanddave@...> wrote:

      > I'm planning on doing the JMT next summer in 10 days. I'm a GPS junkie and usually carry my Garmin Forerunner 310xt with me (basically a GPS watch for a runner, not the super-GPS handhelds that most backpackers seem to use). It only holds about 20 hours charge so I figure I'll need to recharge it 4-5 times. I've seen some solar chargers on the market but I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions/experience regarding recharging while on the trail. Any other options beyond solar? Much appreciated.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic