10894Re: [John Muir Trail] Yosemite Valley clinic - threatened closure

    Oct 5, 2010
      Yos Blog blogger does have the story.  I also saw it there.

      If SEKI has a clinic, I don't think it is being threatened with closure. My guess is that it does not have one.  Someone else might know.

      I'm about to leave town, so my not be able to contribute much longer to this thread (if it develops)

      On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Roleigh Martin <roleigh@...> wrote:

      Does SEKI have a 24 hour clinic?  If so, we should involve the Yahoo Group, sequoiakingscanyonhikers@yahoogroups.com which I belong to as well.
      The Yosemite Blog blogger should be contacted too.

      On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 4:32 PM, John Ladd <johnladd@...> wrote:

      The 24-hour clinic in Yosemite valley may close.  It is operated by Tenet Healthcare (at a loss, apparently).  Tenet says they don't get paid enough by the National Parks and no other providers have offered to take over the contract

      I talked to the reporter on this story from the San Francisco Chronicle and asked him if there was any organized group protesting the closure.  He said that the issue has not yet gotten much publicity.  He suggested that anyone who wanted to start a letter-writing campaign try to call the clinic and talk to some of the staff there, who will be affected by the closure (not so much the MD's, as the nurses and other staff).  Tel number may be 209-372-4637