1061Re: [John Muir Trail] Back From JMT

  • Frank Martin
    Jul 29, 2005
      --- In johnmuirtrail@yahoogroups.com, Vera Lehmkuhl <vjl_47@y...> wrote:
      > When we were planning Jane and I were only going to carry one
      cannister the whole time. Resupply at Reds, VVR & Muir Ranch being the
      big one before entering the 10 days to the end. We thought we could do
      it all with that and maybe a bear bag, maybe....just for non
      essentials. However guys eat more than women do and I have to admit it
      would have been tight...what do you all think about that plan? We
      aborted this years hike due to our start date and the bad
      weather...its on for next year...

      > vera

      Hi Vera,

      Here is the link to Bearikade Rental Program

      https://id262.securedata.net/wild-ideas/rent.html

      They are much more expensive to rent but you can get a lot more into
      them. I dehydrate my own food and did the whole JMT without resupply.

      Other alternatives (cheaper) is to purchase a Bearvault. It is
      lighter and bigger than the garcia.