10587Re: [John Muir Trail] Weather report and forecast

  • Peter Burke
    Sep 1, 2010
      On 8/31/2010 10:49 PM, Jackalopes wrote:
      > We are going from Tuolumne Meadows to Reds Meadows September 8-14. When I look at weather sites they vary by 10 degrees. What is a good site to see a real Tuolumne Meadows report and forecast?

      10 degrees is pretty good. On a given storm day, temps can change by 30
      degrees in half an hour up there, especially that late in the season.

      Prepare for frost at night - we had it in mid July on that stretch, so
      it is much more likely to hit you now with the shorter days and lower
      sun angle.

      I think the best forecast for that area comes from the Mammoth Dweebs,
      but it isn't always up to date like this morning

      http://izotz.com/dweebreport/
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic