10573Re: [John Muir Trail] Re: itinerary challenge for the group (I don't know the answer)

    Aug 30, 2010
      About how many miles are we talking about for these 2 stints:

      1.  from TM do a loop in northern Yosemite, head back over parker, Koip peak and Agnew passes, High Trail (PCT) in to Reds.

      2.  from Reds: Fish Creek Goodell Pass to VVR

      Thanks!

      On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:45 AM, John <shop@...> wrote:

      no need to go to the valley, you could stay at TM lodge. Hit the PCT or variation north, perhaps accommodate at Kennedy Mdws (not sure what's there). Or from TM do a loop in northern Yosemite, head back over parker, Koip peak and Agnew passes, High Trail (PCT) in to Reds. Fish Creek Goodell Pass to VVR.

      JD
      www.johndittli.com

      > I thought in the Alps it was nearly every night, I'm interested in every
      > week.
      >
      > I was thinking if one starts at South Lake TH, goes into the JMT at LeConte
      > Canyon Ranger Station, hikes North to MTR, that could be stop #1 (at MTR and
      > stay there for a down day), then if one hikes North to Reds Meadows, that
      > would be stop #2 (and stay there for a down day), then to Yosemite Valley,
      > that could be stop #3 (hard to stay there a down day unless one booked
      > nearly a year in advance), then one could do a Yosemite Valley outbound hike
      > some other direction (where, for instance) to be final stop. Any final stop
      > suggestions other than going back up the JMT?
      >
      > On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:13 AM, John <shop@...> wrote:
      >
      > > the Alps
      > >
      > > JD
      > > Walk the Sky: Following the John Muir Trail
      > > www.johndittli.com

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic