1054Re: [John Muir Trail] Back From JMT

  • Miles & Erin Parroco
    Jul 28, 2005
      To all of those experienced hikers...we are not like yourselves, and we are
      leaving on Monday for our first JMT hike.
      We plan on going from North to South in about 21 days.
      As we are putting together our food we are trying to figure out the bear
      canister thing. We plan on renting them from the park in Yosemite. We posted
      food forward only to one spot (Vermilion Valley).
      So, we have 9 days of food, and then we'll have about 12 days of food.
      As we look at our food we think we'll have to get 3 possibly 4 bear
      canisters to fit it all.
      We have to know if this is ridiculous?!! There are just 2 of us. Are we
      doing something wrong if we need that many canisters?
      Any advice? Thanks! Erin and Miles

      --
      Miles & Erin Parroco