Check it out. . .

  • _La_Belle_Dame_
    Message 1 of 1044 , Apr 3, 2000
      I was searching through books of poetry a month
      or so back, and I ran across this little poem, as
      well as two others, written for/about Keats. I can't
      remember the name of the author right now, but I will try
      and find time to go back and search for it. If anyone
      knows who she is, let me know!<br><br>"On Sending You a
      Lock of My Hair"<br><br>There is a white house near
      Hampstead Heath<br>in whose garden the nightingale still
      sings.<br>Though Keats is dead, the bird who sang of
      hair the poet's love received<br>remains in the room
      where first it was shorn;<br>An heirloom, its history
      polished floors, through squares of summer sun<br>I felt
      his footsteps move, as if the elf<br>--deceiving elf,
      he called her--had not done<br>with making mischief
      to amuse herself.<br><br>I saw him clip that tousled
      lock of hair,<br>and though he did not offer it to
      me,<br>I felt that I was privileged, standing
      little poem. There are two others (one quite long, but
      rather interesting), if anyone is
      interested.<br><br>~Belle
    • summerof1816
      Message 1044 of 1044 , Dec 18, 2002