Keats and music

  • _la_belle_dame_
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2003
      For my final assignment in my composition class, I wrote a piece
      based on "Ode to a Nightingale" for string quartet and flute (the
      nightingale, obviously). I'll try an post a sound clip from it here
      sometime soon :-)

      On that note, I was wondering if any of you know of any musical
      settings of Keats's work. I've also thought of doing a vocal text
      setting (I have a melody already for "This living hand. . ." that I
      sing to myself when I'm driving), and I'd like to hear what other
      composers have done with his poetry. I'll do some research as well
      and see if I come up with anything.

      ~Belle
    • malkhos
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2003
        MacDowell (sp?) set some Keats--my University librbary ahs them on LP
        and while I've always meant to go hear them, I never have as yet.

        Malkhos

        --- In johnkeats@yahoogroups.com, _la_belle_dame_ <no_reply@y...>