Kris Majer as yet not registered

  • Ebenezer Cooke
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2001
      Hi all,

      The Yahoo sign-in is really a drag.

      Last week, when I should have revised (and did, most of the time) the
      smoothing of diphthongs in early Modern English and other such phenomena,
      known generally as Historical Grammar, "Giles" was sitting on the shelf and
      winking at me. The temptation was too great, so I thought I'd read a couple
      of pages.

      Next thing I knew, I was about 100 pages in.

      Could have expected that, actually.

      The exams now past, I can get back to the Revised New Syllabus with a clear
      conscience. Will report when I come back from a trip to the Tatras. So
      far -- well, what exactly can one say?

      JB, you devil.

      Yours, K.