Re: One of the More Interesting Reviews of End of the Road

  • still_in_the_funhouse
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2013
      Haven't had the chance yet to watch the Soderbergh documentary (around here, the only way to grab a copy is to order a US import DVD from England). But the reviews I've read about it are pretty much in line with what Soderbergh—apropos movies vs. cinema, and who green-lights what and why for production—elaborates on here, posted just today at filmcomment.com:

      http://www.filmcomment.com/entry/steven-soderbergh-state-of-cinema-address

      I never quite understood why JB hated the movie; what it shaved off of the novel's substance, it made up for in terms of capturing the zeitgeist as portrayed in several Friday Book pieces. Or at least that's how it felt to me—it's ages ago since I last watched EotR.

      Still in the funhouse, but no longer lost,
      J.