(Video:) John Barth Day at the Dorchester County Public Library

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 14, 2010
      "The Dorchester County Public Library in Cambridge ... celebrated the
      famous author John Barth by unveiling a historic marker in front of
      the library. I don't know how long it took for us to work on this
      program, but as you'll see in this video, all that hard work payed
      off."

      http://www.progressivedelmarva.com/2010/06/john-barth-day-at-dorchester-county.html
    • malmc_y
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 15, 2010
        Mark, that's awesome. I've never seen actual moving pictures of JB before -- he looks so slight!! Age, of course, I suppose.

        Wow. He's been my favourite (inadequate word) author since I was a pretty young student, green behind the ears. Now alas I'm at the age where any civilised society would bless my retirement, but... here I am, still working on, just like Barth.

        Many thanks for that clip, it's made my day... month... year... decade.

        Mal.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 15, 2010
          On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 1:56 AM, malmc_y <malmc_y@...> wrote:

          > Mark, that's awesome.  I've never seen actual moving pictures of JB before -- he looks so slight!!  Age, of course, I suppose.

          I never had before either, although I saw him in the flesh in 2001 on
          the CS!!! tour. I still haven't watched the thing yet - I don't have
          audio on my work machine and I forgot to check it out last night.

          > Wow.  He's been my favourite (inadequate word) author since I was a pretty young student, green behind the ears.  Now alas I'm at the age where any civilised society would bless my retirement, but... here I am, still working on, just like Barth.

          Was blown away upon discovering him during my sojourn in Maryland
          (M.Aing at St. John's College, Annapolis), and have remained as
          kerflooey over him to this day.

          > Many thanks for that clip, it's made my day... month... year... decade.

          That's what they pay me the big bucks--- oh, wait.
        • Елена Тарнаруцкая
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 16, 2010
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 16, 2010
              2010/6/16 Елена Тарнаруцкая <tarnarutskaya@...> wrote:

              > Mark, thanks a lot! It's been great watching Barth, I 'd imagined him like that before. Was that Shelly, the famous dedicatee,  with him?

              I had wondered the same thing, and it turns out the answer is yes, as
              reported here:

              http://www.stardem.com/image_b965be76-786b-11df-a166-001cc4c002e0.html