Re: [johnbarth] Decameron, odyssey, canterbury tales. Which translation?

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 27, 2009
      For Chaucer I imagine he means the original Middle English rather than
      a modern translation. For the Decameron and Odyssey, I haven't seen
      him mention a specific translation either. But if you're asking for
      your own reading purposes, I have Lattimore's translation of the
      Odyssey and the Signet Classics version of the Decameron (Musa and
      Bondanella) and find them entirely serviceable.

      Side note: when he refers to The 1001 Nights, he means The Book of
      the Thousand Nights and a Night: the Complete Burton Translation with
      the Complete Burton Notes, and the Terminal Index...