Re: [johnbarth] Night Sea Journey

  • Blair Mahoney
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 22, 2008
      I think it would be great to teach, and I'm planning to teach some Barth to my year 10 students this year (equivalent of high school sophomores?). I wouldn't have any problems with "Night Sea Journey" at my school, but the teaching environment here in Australia is probably a bit different to the US (is that where you are?). There was the case of the teacher being sacked for giving a student a Daniel Clowes comic late last year...

      On 22/02/2008, at 12:51 AM, James McKeogh wrote:

      Hey all, two quick questions.  One, approx how many pages is John Barth's "Night Sea Journey,"  i don't have my "LitFH" handy.

      Also, do you think it would be appropriate to teach this short story to highschool seniors, in a fairly liberal Prep School?

      Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.