Re: [johnbarth] "Ambrose his mark"

  • James McKeogh
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
      If you read through Ambrose His Mark, pay attention to
      the bees. I've argued in the past, that those bee's
      act in a very similar manner to the night sea
      journeyers... and since the bee's belong to grandpa,
      grandpa is actually the father of ambrose. Thats how
      i read it anyhow.

      cheers, merry new years

      --- "M. Sedaghat Payam" <woolf_543@...> wrote:

      > I don't recall that in Ambrose His Mark, but he is
      > also a school teacher in the title story.
      >
      > nicola_leporini <nicola_leporini@...> wrote:
      > In "Ambrose his mark" from Lost in the
      > Funhouse, is it implied that Ambrose's father is in
      > a mental hospital?
      > How comes that in "Water-message" he runs a school
      > or something?
      > Did I get something wrong?
      > Thanks
      >

      > ---------------------------------

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2008
        --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, James McKeogh <jhmckeogh@...> wrote:
        ... and since the bee's belong to grandpa,
        > grandpa is actually the father of ambrose. ...

        Later on, this odd theory of eugenics is explored further in Tidewater
        Tales.
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2008
          On 12/31/07, nicola_leporini <nicola_leporini@...> wrote:
          > In "Ambrose his mark" from Lost in the Funhouse, is it implied that Ambrose's father is in
          > a mental hospital?
          > How comes that in "Water-message" he runs a school or something?
          > Did I get something wrong?
          > Thanks

          Hector, principal of East Dorset School was committed to the Eastern
          Shore Asylum after his "mad invasion of the delivery room" and his
          "wild assertion, as they carried him off, that the port-wine stain
          near [Ambrose's] eye was a devil's mark." He subsequently released,
          apparently, as Water-Message has him back at work. ("I swear to God,
          I'm the principal of a zoo!")