Re: [johnbarth] "Ambrose his mark"

  • M. Sedaghat Payam
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31 6:22 AM
      I don't recall that in Ambrose His Mark, but he is also a school teacher in the title story.

      nicola_leporini <nicola_leporini@...> wrote:
      In "Ambrose his mark" from Lost in the Funhouse, is it implied that Ambrose's father is in
      a mental hospital?
      How comes that in "Water-message" he runs a school or something?
      Did I get something wrong?
      Thanks

    • James McKeogh
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31 3:12 PM
        If you read through Ambrose His Mark, pay attention to
        the bees. I've argued in the past, that those bee's
        act in a very similar manner to the night sea
        journeyers... and since the bee's belong to grandpa,
        grandpa is actually the father of ambrose. Thats how
        i read it anyhow.

        cheers, merry new years

        --- "M. Sedaghat Payam" <woolf_543@...> wrote:

        > I don't recall that in Ambrose His Mark, but he is
        > also a school teacher in the title story.
        >
        > nicola_leporini <nicola_leporini@...> wrote:
        > In "Ambrose his mark" from Lost in the
        > Funhouse, is it implied that Ambrose's father is in
        > a mental hospital?
        > How comes that in "Water-message" he runs a school
        > or something?
        > Did I get something wrong?
        > Thanks
        >

        > ---------------------------------

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2008
          --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, James McKeogh <jhmckeogh@...> wrote:
          ... and since the bee's belong to grandpa,
          > grandpa is actually the father of ambrose. ...

          Later on, this odd theory of eugenics is explored further in Tidewater
          Tales.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2008
            On 12/31/07, nicola_leporini <nicola_leporini@...> wrote:
            > In "Ambrose his mark" from Lost in the Funhouse, is it implied that Ambrose's father is in
            > a mental hospital?
            > How comes that in "Water-message" he runs a school or something?
            > Did I get something wrong?
            > Thanks

            Hector, principal of East Dorset School was committed to the Eastern
            Shore Asylum after his "mad invasion of the delivery room" and his
            "wild assertion, as they carried him off, that the port-wine stain
            near [Ambrose's] eye was a devil's mark." He subsequently released,
            apparently, as Water-Message has him back at work. ("I swear to God,
            I'm the principal of a zoo!")