Group Founding Anniversary!, 11/14/2007, 12:00 am

  • johnbarth@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 12, 2007
      Reminder from: johnbarth Yahoo! Group

      Title: Group Founding Anniversary!

      Date: Wednesday November 14, 2007
      Time: All Day
      Repeats: This event repeats every year.
      Notes: Join the chatroom for Founding Anniversary festivities!

    • Elena Tarnarutskaya
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 14, 2007

        Congratulations to all group members on this day!

        Am I on the the right spot to the chat room?
        I am living now with Sabbatical and Giles read in the summer, different and each attractive in their own way  (started with Chimera for an academic paper some months ago).
        So I'm a new JB reader. Looked up some archives of the group -used to be so lively even crowded then.
        Perhaps some of you just stopped admiring the books?
        Or is that the eternal time problem that strangles us all?
        Elena

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 14, 2007
          On 11/14/07, Elena Tarnarutskaya <etarnarutskaya@...> wrote:
          > So I'm a new JB reader. Looked up some archives of the group -used to be so lively even crowded then.
          > Perhaps some of you just stopped admiring the books?
          > Or is that the eternal time problem that strangles us all?

          I think it's probably neither. We had a handful of garrulous ones
          back in the day that would stir the pot and get things moving, but
          they've since either left the list or fallen relatively silent/moved
          on to other things. Quite normal cyclical list behavior as far as
          these things go (and/or as far as I can tell).

          So has anyone gone out and bought 'Best American Short Stories 2007'
          yet, and checked out 'Toga Party'? I haven't yet, but will most
          certainly during the holidays if not before.

          Regards,
          Mark
        • M. Sedaghat Payam

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 21, 2007
                Hi Elena
                I finished translating that book and I am waiting for the Ministry of Culture to issue a printing permit for that. I didn't write that article, and just wrote a short introduction for that book instead. Anyway I may write that in future if I find enough time.

                I hope Iranian readers enjoy reading Barth.