Barth in BAMM 2007

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2007
      Barth has a piece in the forthcoming 'Best American Short Stories 2007
      (Oct. 10 release), that I've never heard of: 'Toga Party' originally
      published in _Fiction_. Bwah? So I found what is I think that
      organ's (Fiction's) website and discovered

      1. the site is barely functional; the search engine is kaput, so I
      couldn't look for 'Toga Party.'

      2. Their current issue features ''Tell Me' from 2005's "Where Three
      Roads Meet",

      http://www.fictioninc.com/?p=5

      I'm so confuuuuuused . . .

      Here the Houghton Mifflin site for BAMM 2007 (TOC link)

      http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/catalog/titledetail.cfm?textType=toc&titleNumber=689826
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2007
        Stephen King (Editor of this year's Best American Short Stories) has
        an essay in the New York Times Sunday Book Review:

        "There isn't a single one in this book that didn't delight me, that
        didn't make me want to crow, "Oh, man, you gotta read this!" I think
        of such disparate stories as Karen Russell's "St. Lucy's Home for
        Girls Raised by Wolves," John Barth's "Toga Party" and "Wake," by
        Beverly Jensen, now deceased, and I think — marvel, really — they paid
        me to read these! Are you kiddin' me???"

        http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/30/books/review/King2-t.html?ei=5087%0A&em=&en=439f675962ef32df&ex=1191124800&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1191071368-DW4WhCTRG8uLtIWVci3HJQ