Re: Where Three Roads Meet

    Message 1 of 13 , May 8, 2007
      --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, Blair Mahoney <b1b2@...> wrote:

      > > (Short version: it's just what you'd expect from him, and I loved
      it)

      I liked it more than his previous two offerings, for certain. Coming
      Soon! and Ten Night And A Night (which I am currently rereading, and
      remembering why I didn't like it so much) seemed to me very lazy
      writing. Here JB is attempting to write real STORIES again, which is
      nice, instead of writing about (ho hum) how hard it is to be a senior
      aged, liberally-minded writer/professor with writer's block, sailing
      in the marshlands with his fabulously sexy and intellectual wife while
      the world seems to be going to heck in a handbasket.
      Message 2 of 13 , May 8, 2007
        --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, "annalina" <sponge_bob4988@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Brawner" <mark.brawner@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > On 4/26/07, sponge_bob4988 <sponge_bob4988@> wrote:
        > > > Hi, I'm a new member in this group and I'm currently working on a
        > > > essay about identity in The Floating Opera. ... For me,
        > Todd Andrews suffers from an identity crisis, ...

        You may consider comparing Jacob Horner in JB's second novel, End Of
        The Road, in these terms as well. Some folks consider the two novels
        as a piece, as they both involve emotionally disconnected protagonists
        involved in infidelity, but End of the Road has a more tragic ending.
      • narges montakhabi
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 17, 2009
          Hi
          Do u have an e-version of toga party?
          tnx

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 18, 2009
            Hi,
            I need an e-text of Toga Party, can anyone help me?