Basque boina

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2006
      So I just sort of randoml picked up _Sabbatical_ the other night and
      have been enjoying it again. I don't know why this never occured to
      me before, but if you had to guess, do you suppose the boina JB's
      wearing in the author photo for _CS!!!_ is one he's had for decades
      and is maybe the quasi original of the one in Sabbatical and TTT?
      (Not that he ever lost and re-found it in either of the ways described
      in those books, but you get my meaning. [And doesn't he describe in
      one of the Friday Books losing a hat on one of his lecture tours and
      having it returned to him? You suppose this is that hat?]).
    • Barbara Schmidt