Re: Briefest o' Barth mentions

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 30, 2006
      --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, "Gamblin, Glenn" <ggamblin@...>
      wrote:

      > Aside from the Barth mention, I'm putting this book (on the strength
      of
      > the linked review) on my short-list of "to be read."
      > It sounds really involved and overcomplicated. I think I'll love it.

      Me too. Surprised the reviewer didn't mention Jonathan Strange & Mr.
      Norrell, or Neal Stephenson's alchemy cycle in that article. Sounds
      like a lot of fun.
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2006
        Another.  This one in the context of a theater review.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 29, 2006
          "Author, Essayist Joshua Wolf Shenk to Head Washington College's
          O'Neill Literary House"

          [snip]

          "Since 1968, Washington College has awarded the Sophie Kerr Prize, the
          largest literary prize in the world exclusively for undergraduates. In
          its 39 years the Prize has ranged in value from $9,000 to as high as
          $65,000. The Kerr endowment has also brought a parade of distinguished
          writers to the Chestertown, Maryland, campus, including Toni Morrison,
          Edward Albee, James Dickey, John Barth and Joyce Carol Oates."

          http://www.collegenews.org/x5819.xml