Re: [johnbarth] Re: Dear Gamblin Glenn

  • pmc@23ae
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 24, 2005
      No problem, glad to give what little help I can. I stumbled on Giles Goatboy
      when I was 20 and ever since have been enamoured of Barth. The more you read
      of Barth and other postmodernists, the more they begin to make sense (either
      that, or you learn how to imbue them with sense).

      It is so much easier to understand Barth if you read his first 7 or 8 books
      in order. Not many people have the patience for that, but it makes
      everything else so much easier to understand when you follow the same path
      he took through his work.

      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2005
        --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, "pmc@2..." <pmc@2...> wrote:
        > It is so much easier to understand Barth if you read his first 7 or
        8 books
        > in order.

        Especially when it comes to LETTERS--not integral, but still helpful.