Fwd: John Barth events

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
      Ah well.

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: walter_vatter@... <walter_vatter@...>
      Date: Jun 2, 2005 2:26 PM
      Subject: John Barth events
      To: mark.brawner@...

      Dear Mr. Brawner,
      At present, there are no events planned for WHERE 3 ROADS MEET by John
      Barth. The book will be released in November of this year. Many thanks for
      your interest.
      Walter Vatter
      Houghton Mifflin
    • Gamblin, Glenn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
        Darn.
        Well, I expect that Professor Barth would rather have his leisure time than go around reading to us.
        My one experience listening to him was fantastic - I don't recall what year it was, but he read from an in-progress 'Further Fridays' book.  Positively hysterically funny.  In a more literate world, John Barth would be Johnny Carson.

        Glenn G. Gamblin
        TradePoint Systems,
        a division of Kewill, Inc.

        From: walter_vatter@... <walter_vatter@...>
        Date: Jun 2, 2005 2:26 PM
        To: mark.brawner@...

        Dear Mr. Brawner,
        At present, there are no events planned for WHERE 3 ROADS MEET by John
        Barth. The book will be released in November of this year. Many thanks for
        your interest.
        Walter Vatter
        Houghton Mifflin

        STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:
        The information contained in this electronic message is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, be advised you have received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited.  Please notify TradePoint Systems LLC immediately at (603) 889-3200 and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
          I saw him read in Los Angeles in late 2001 upon the release of "Coming
          Soon!" Great fun. The questions from the audience were crazy-making
          (what, did you people just wander in off the street to rest your
          feet?). I got my hand up in the air too late and wasn't called on.
          Was a nervous wreck when I approached him to sign my battered first
          edition 'LETTERS' , dog-eared paperback 'Friday Book', and advance
          review copy of CS!!!