We never forget a face

  • Krzysztof Majer
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2004
      > Well wait a second, now. I think there's only one person on the list
      > that knows my birth date...

      Ah no, Mr Brawner. There you're wrong! There's another. All the best, Mark!

      True, the group has seen better days.

      Finally got 10 + 1. Hmmm... I read the opening and -- oh dear. I'm not quite
      sure I can take Sherry, The Decameron and all the rest yet again. Please
      tell me there's a reason to go on - the first story proper (disregarding the
      Help! score sheet) failed to whet my appetite and I put it down. There
      again, I keep putting things down these days; got about ten books going
      simultaneously and I'm somehow not able to finish any - so maybe the problem
      is in me ...

      So what are we all up to? Is the reading in progress? Perhaps that'd give me
      the extra incentive to keep at the stories, in the hope that it gets better.
      To tell you the truth, I dread the moment the interludes appear - I haven't
      been missing the Bard & Muse mutual admiration sexy chat the least bit.
      Hell, having enjoyed at least half of our man's entire output (and having
      re-read my favorite longies just last year -- they're still magnificent), I
      feel justified here. But the stories, the stories - those, I hope, are fun.

      I hope that everyone's well!

      Yours,

      Kris
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 22, 2004
        On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 20:01:50 +0100, Krzysztof Majer <kmajer@...> wrote:

        > > Well wait a second, now. I think there's only one person on the list
        > > that knows my birth date...
        >
        > Ah no, Mr Brawner. There you're wrong! There's another. All the best, Mark!

        YODA: (sighs) Told you, I did. Reckless is he. Now matters are worse.

        BEN: That boy is our last hope.

        YODA: (looks up) No. There is another.

        Yo Kris! Great to hear from you. Thanks for the well-wishes.

        >True, the group has seen better days.

        Yeah, ebb and flow, I guess. I had every intention of writing a bunch
        of spirited posts about TBTNN, but I just hasn't panned out.

        I sympathize with your reservations about the book, but I'd suggest
        giving it a read-through anyway. You'll find some jewels in there. I
        really like the "autumnal" stuff, personally: The Ring, The Rest of
        Your Life, The Big Shrink.