Re: [johnbarth] Maniitsoq ready for TBoTNaaN

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 31, 2004
      [1] How about we start Monday 6 Sept.? (I usually do my reading over
      the weekend and I like to have the discussions start fresh at the
      start of the week.)

      [2] How long between readings? Two weeks? A week?

      [3] I suppose each reading will follow the table of contents thusly:

      Invication / 'Help!'
      First Night / "Landscape Eastern Shore'
      Second Night / The Ring

      These are all just suggestions. I'm nothing if not flexible.

      Mark
    • Sean O'Donnell
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 31, 2004

        I guess symbolically we’d be reading it through Sept. 11…

        I don’t think a week per reading is too tasking.

        -Sean

        [1] How about we start Monday 6 Sept.?  (I usually do my reading over
        the weekend and I like to have the discussions start fresh at the
        start of the week.)

        [2] How long between readings?  Two weeks?  A week?

        [3] I suppose each reading will follow the table of contents thusly:

        Invication / 'Help!'
        First Night / "Landscape Eastern Shore'
        Second Night / The Ring

        These are all just suggestions.  I'm nothing if not flexible.

        Mark

      • Jørgen Tang Larsen
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 31, 2004
          And what will the format be?
          askingly
          Jørgen

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 31, 2004
            From: Jørgen Tang Larsen <jtl@...>
            Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:56:37 -0200
            To: johnbarth@yahoogroups.com

            And what will the format be?
            askingly
            Jørgen
            ===========

            What we've done in the past is to have participants volunteer to
            "host" one of each of the sections, which involves setting
            up/advancing the discussion by means of leading questions and/or
            comments, often preceded by a brief summary of the reading at hand.
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
              --- In johnbarth@yahoogroups.com, Mark Brawner <mark.brawner@g...>
              wrote:
              > [1] How about we start Monday 6 Sept.? (I usually do my reading
              over
              > the weekend and I like to have the discussions start fresh at the
              > start of the week.)
              >
              > [2] How long between readings? Two weeks? A week?
              >
              > [3] I suppose each reading will follow the table of contents thusly:
              >
              > Invication / 'Help!'
              > First Night / "Landscape Eastern Shore'
              > Second Night / The Ring
              >
              > These are all just suggestions. I'm nothing if not flexible.
              >
              > Mark

              All agreeable, except that the "Help!" chapter is so short, maybe it
              would behoove us to make that a double that week? (havne't picked up
              the book since last reading it...)
            • Jørgen Tang Larsen
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 1, 2004
                AH, yes. So it was. I won't presume to be any good at it, but for what it's
                worth I'll wantonly extend a hand in the matter at hand, as it were, quite
                offhandedly.